Product Description - Point Load Index Tester
Point Load Index Tester, a rock testing instrument for determining the Diametrical Point Load Strength Index of rock cores and Irregular Lumps which may be tested without any treatment. The Point Load Test is primarily as index Test for strength classified of rock materials. This instrument is mainly intended for field measurements on rocks specimen, but it can be used in the laboratory. The results of the test may also be used to predict the uniaxial compressive strength of rock from correlations. The apparatus is light and portable and can be used in the laboratory as well as in the field.
Features of Point Load Index Tester:
- Equipment is light and portable
- Rock core specimens can be tested without any preparation
- The instrument can be used in the laboratory as well as at the drilling site
- The results of the test may also be used to predict the uniaxial compressive strength of rock.
- With this instrument, a wide range of core size can be tested
- The frame has adequate adjustments to align perfectly the loading axis passing through the centre of the bearing plates and loading platens at the position of the ram of the hydraulic jack.
Standards: IS 8764