Dial Gauge Range:
0-5mm x 0.002mm, 0-10mm x 0.01mm, 0-25mm x 0.01mm, 0-50mm x 0.01mm
Minimum Order Quantity
Product Description - Dial gauge
What is Dial Gauge?
A dial gauge indicator is a device, component, or instrument that uses numbers, hands, and internal mechanisms to provide a standard reading for a specific job or item. Also known as a dial indicator. Comparators play a vital role in mechanics, especially in production, manufacturing, and quality departments.
Dial indicators are delicate testing tools to build and handle. In its operation, the function of the internal mechanism is remarkable, mainly the movement of the spindle. The comparator does what a human being cannot do. A human being can observe and predict what he can see with the naked eye, but when it comes to minor, nano-sized defects, he must rely on other components. Thus, using a dial gauge will help people to correct errors in production, manufacturing of parts, tools, equipment, etc.
Dial gauges are measuring instruments that accurately measure the minor lengths and displacements. Unlike other meters that directly measure numerical values, they are used to measure the difference of a reference or correct parallelism. Dial gauges are available in different types, including a standard style and a lever type. The common type uses gears and a lever to convert linear motion to rotary motion, mechanically extend that motion, and indicate displacement with a scale. They can observe significant changes. The lever type uses sector gears and crown gears to lengthen the movement.
Although the lever type has a higher resolution than the standard type, the variation is converted to the rotating motion of the lever, which can indicate a significant change with a more sheer number than the actual number. A single reading from a standard dial indicator is 0.01 mm. Still, specialty dial indicators have a unique feature of 0.001 mm in addition to the reading measurements from an analog dial indicator on a dial.
Dial Gauge Usage
Dial Gauge application are as follows:
- The dial indicator is large and prominent in machine tools and quality control rooms. Its uses are as follows:
- A dial indicator is used to measure distances on some components.
- Used to measure the runout of a machine part and machining components to maintain accurate measurements.
- Dial gauges are one of the most important measuring tools in constructing precision motors. A dial gauge is used for measuring end clearance, crankshaft thrust and straightness, tappet travel, and other measurements involving the distance between two surfaces or the movements of small components.
- Dial gauges are used to measure the flatness and slope of objects. It helps to determine the roundness of round bar. Determines the flatness of an object compared to the flatness of the normal. In the mechanical field, dial gauges check the flatness and alignment of various jobs and parts.
Dial Gauge Working Principle
It works on the principle that very slight upward pressure on the spindle is multiplied by gears and levers at the point of contact. It is indicated on the dial face by a dialing finger. Dial dials consist of a body with a circular look and a contact point connected to a spiral or gear train. The needle on the dial indicates the amount of contact point movement. They are designed for use on a variety of standard gauges. These include dial gauges, portal clocks, hand gauges, depth gauges, diameter, and dial gauges.
Corresponds to a spindle offset of 1 mm. The instrument’s movement mechanism is housed in a metal case for protection. The large scale of the dial is divided into 100 divisions. The indicator is reset using sliding calipers that represent the primary size of the coin.
Dial Gauge Parts Name
- Case: A metal case is the outermost part of the dial indicator.
- Graduated scale: Inside the box is a scale of degrees on which different readings are marked.
- Hands / Pointers: There is a pointer that points to the reading on the scale.
- Small indicator clock: This small dial indicator is located on the dial indicator. It also has a graduated scale that can read. This tiny comparator has inverted functions. The function of the small dial indicator can be direct or reversed depending on the mechanism used in the gear train to move the hand on the small dial indicator.
- Small hands / Dial Pointers: A small hand indicates the reading on the degree scale of the small dial indicator. It is also known as a shorthand indicator.
- Rods / Stem: The piston or shaft moves up and down this shaft.
- Contact point: This point of contact touches the surface and helps move the piston.